If you need to improve your English for work or business, for academic study, to pass an exam or job interview, or just to enhance your future prospects, sessions with me can help you to progress in an enjoyable and efficient way.
I am a qualified and experienced teacher who currently trains teachers and teaches English in Ireland. I also have experience of learning the Korean, Mandarin Chinese and French languages.
1. Conversation lessons are structured around pre-assigned reading and listening exercises that contain authentic English (e.g. articles, documentaries, comedies, audiobooks). We talk about the contents and also work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and expressions that are commonly used in different contexts.
2. Writing lessons are based on a writing task that I give you, or any piece of your writing that you want me to look at or edit. This lesson is designed to hone your writing skills and improve not only your use of grammar and vocabulary, but also your awareness of how English is used differently according to each context and purpose.
3. IELTS lessons are primarily based on speaking and writing practice. I give you feedback on your answers based on the IELTS assessment criteria. I will also assign homework when it seems like you can benefit from improving your ability to use the appropriate vocabulary and expressions related to a particular topic.
4. Irish English lessons will help you to understand the more challenging aspects of the way English is spoken in Ireland. If you are planning to travel, work, study in Ireland, this lesson is for you!
5. 한국어 단어를 암기하기, 또는 말하기 능력을 향상시키는 방법을을 알려줄 수 있습니다. I can share ways of memorising Korean vocabulary and improving spoken fluency with beginner and pre-intermediate Korean learners.
2008年08月01日 - 2012年08月01日
Received a ‘Teacher of the Year’ award in 2010 for creative lesson planning and building positive rapport with students. Managed oral communication exams and summer/winter camps. Also ran afterschool classes including TOEIC preparation and activity-based learning.
2013年10月01日 - 2014年08月01日
Provided tuition to university students on how to improve their English writing skills.
2015年12月01日 - 2016年10月01日
Training new teachers working towards a 120 hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification.
2015年02月01日 - 2017年12月01日
Provide online English tuition, specialising in improving students' speaking and writing skills, test preparation and job interview and CV preparation.
2004年08月01日 - 2007年07月01日
History and Sociology
2012年09月01日 - 2014年08月01日
East Asian Studies